Wednesday 6 April 2011

The Results so far

Graph of my weight (blue), and the 2nd order polynomial trend line (red), which describes more than 94% of the variation in weight for this 3 month period.
So far, the low carb diet seems to be working for me, with a total weight loss of 32 lbs over 3 months (ie. 2.5 lbs. per week).

 When I look at the trend line and the least squares regression equation, I see that my weight is gradually approaching a limiting value.

Is this limiting value the point where the low carb diet stops being effective for weight loss, and switches to weight maintenance?

So far, the weight loss has occurred while I continue being a couch potato (ie. no exercise whatsoever).  Do I have to add exercise to my day to get an even lower equilibrium weight?  I need to do some more thinking and investigations.

No comments:

Post a Comment